Sunday, June 01, 2008

Nothing really important to say

Other than it has been another quiet weekend here at the house of Chang.

I was hoping to come up with something witty to say about why I don't like the pool this early in the season. But well...ick, all I can do is picture that new crop of teenagers who discovered the opposite sex this winter and suddenly playing Marco Polo in the deep end doesn't seem so innocent. And double ick when I realize that one day that will be my boys exploring the deep end of the pool with new found curiosity...I just don't think there is enough gin in my tonic for me to deal with that truth quite yet.

I made some chocolate chip cookies and like any good cul de sac mom, I offered them to the other youngsters in the front yard. Only, I asked the 3 year old "are you allergic to anything?" for which she said "I like cookies, I like your house"...I take that to mean that she's good to go on the cookies.

I finally finished a book...Peony in Love by Lisa See. Unless you are really into ghosts and the Ming dynasty you can pass on reading it yourself. Not sure what all the hoopla is about that book. We also tried to watch Golden Compass last night but I don't think I'm smart enough to follow such complicated fantasy tales. Give me your basic chick lit/flick and I'm happy.

See...not much worth reading but at least an update to the blog...

4 comments:

shirley said...

I just finished up Twilight and could tell that teenagers are the target audience. But I might check into that Peony book.

Chick lit - have you read anything by Sarah Strohmeyer? Definitely chick lit. I liked the Sleepy Beauty Proposal.....

tz said...

it was fun hangin' w/ you at the pool....and yes, big ick factor in realizing that our boys could be out there doing that in about 10 years...with girls...not w/ each other...

Lee said...

Okay, that's it. No pools for my kids! Thanks for the PSA :)

Colleen O said...

What happened at the pool? I tell ya, I miss all the good stuff lately.

I liked the Golden Compass, excetpt Nicole Kidman was alittle too perfect for that role, slapping the crap out of her little mini-me monkey.