Saturday, May 03, 2008

I'm in love...



The Things and I are heading to the Midwest this summer to help Dad celebrate his birthday. The whole clan will be there (OK, as Lutherans, I realize our clan isn't as big as some of my blogging buddies) ...but aunts/uncles/cousins/life long friends will all be together. It's shaping up to be a might fun filled July 4Th Holiday weekend.

And while I am looking forward to this trip, my wallet was a bit worried.
Ah, but have no fear, Ole William here helped me out big time!

Thanks to "name your price" I scored some seriously sweet deals. They accepted my bid of 70% off the lowest available rate if booked directly through the hotel (and a 4 star hotel no less). And the car rental is 46% off the lowest published price.

Yowza...what shall I do with all this $ I'm saving? It just would not be good enough to savor my savings. That would seem so un-American, right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We're so excited to see you all at the 4th! Kelly told me last night you'd all be around - can't wait! Should be fun!

tz said...

ooooh, you are my new hero!
and how fun to celebrate with family and friends like that!

Dodi said...

Grasshopper hopes the master will teach her the secrets of priceline!

Martha said...

Everything I learned...I learned from my friend Judy's husband...Priceline is sort of his hobby and he had some useful hints. I'll be happy to share it with you over a cold one? Mojitos are chilling in my fridge...

ganelle said...

I think you should spend those extra dollars taking all of the Parkview Ladies (and former Parkview Ladies) out to lunch!!! You can teach us all your tricks then! (Well, maybe not allll your tricks!)

Dodi said...

...and on top of all my other faults I HATE Mojitos. How could an alcoholic beverage that rhymes with DORITOS be that awful??