Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Another Overheard moment..

Two Things sitting huddled on the couch this morning, when I hear one say to the other "She's Crabby" "Yeah, I know".

HUH? I am not crabby. I'm just slowly waking up, looking around for missing lunch boxes, filling thermos for husband, figuring out what to serve his royal pickyness that is Thing One, and hoping that we've got what Thing Two prefers for breakfast. So what if I was a little snappy when they woke me up before I was ready. I'm not crabby...I'm just the mom!

I go back to putting together sandwiches of all shapes/styles, when I hear "Yeah, but I caught her, now she's mine".

Double HUH? I'm just standing here, stewing...
Oh wait, notice what the boys are doing: heads buried in their electronic gadgets...
Apparently, they had caught "CRABBY" some sort of Pokemon.

Yet again, that reminder that sometimes it really isn't all about me!

5 comments:

Dodi said...

Just so you feel better... I still think you're crabby! (LOL!)

You mean our children's lives won't always center around us? This is news to me, as I have two level five clingers over here on Lisbon.

Martha said...

I know: I like my Crabby status, proud of how I can kvetch with the best of them...but they weren't talking about me? How can that be????????????

Sitting In Silence said...

LOL Martha....

The dreaded morning rush before school....

tz said...

hahaha,
have they done this? catch them talking about crabby...confront them then they roll their eyes at you and say it wasn't about you..

not that that's happened to me

ganelle said...

Soooo funny! Yet somehow when I hear my kids saying things like "MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! LEAVE. ME. ALONE." I'm not so much wondering if it's about me...