Saturday, April 21, 2007

Poof: Where did that week go?

Yikes. This past week just flew by. Where did it go? Here's a brief recap.

Monday: Tracked down the Tax Man. He had good news, sort of. We paid a bit too much estimated tax last year so we get to skip estimated tax for the first quarter of this year. Thing Two also joined the glasses gang and we are now 75% vision impaired here at the House of Chang. You got a problem with that?



Tuesday: Back to school and work. Cursive is now required for all written work in 3rd grade so there was a bit of cursing going on come homework time. But, sometimes Thing One is just too honest for his own good. I asked him what he does in school and he said "well, I just do what Mrs. D. tells me, I write in cursive." OK, Bud, then you get to do it at home as well. No pulling the special ed card for you my friend. You can do it...you just admitted you could.


Wednesday: Meet this year's recipient of the Wendy DeBell Award for Exceptional Volunteer Service. Yep, all that I did over at the school was noticed and I was named Volunteer of the year for our school and was recognized along with 56 other worthy individuals at a district wide ceremony. I admit, it was very nice to be noticed. Now we return my ego back to its humble self.

Thursday: The Mystery Van has been riding more like an old pick up truck in need of new shocks so we took her in for some work. Sadly, it was more than just shocks that is causing her problem. Expensive yet non-essential repairs (got to love an honest mechanic). So, for now, we'll continue to ride in the rough van until she expires and we get something new.

Friday: Back to have those cysts looked at. And they have left the building, Thank you very much. What a relief. I admit I was a bit more worried about it than I realized. I'm so happy to know for sure now that they were all of the "no big deal" variety.

And here we are to the weekend. If I can get my work space sorted out (paperwork on every surface, Fly Lady would so not be happy with me), I plan to play with my new CTMH stuff that arrived on Thursday.

As busy as the week was, I"m grateful for the news that it brought our way.

3 comments:

tz said...

congrats on the reward! i must not have been listening closely when you mentioned what you bought your new dress for (very pretty by the way) and i thought you had to do a boring dinner thing w/ hubby and i go and read your blog and find out the ACTUAL reason you got to go shopping for something pretty and now I'm so excited for your humble self! So glad you were recognized, you do do a lot!
oh and btw, some of the moms and i saw thing 2 come out of the school doors and we all exclaimed how adorable...oh oops, handsome, he looks in his new classes! Jake is envious, he really really wants glasses.

Colleen O said...

It looks like your reward was a beverage glass, and you must have slammed it all gone! (That would be a useful award, but I'll have to have a closer look to see what it really is.) Congratulations on being a super volunteer!

As fast as the week went, the week end went exponentially faster!

Patrick looks down right sophisticated in his glasses. What's the matter with mom, that she doesn't get any?

Dodi said...

Congratulation on your award!!! How cool is it that you got something for all the volunteer stuff you do - just when it all seems so thankless sometimes.

Good for you!