I saw this idea on another blog (http://scrapbooklady.typepad.com/ )and thought I'd give it a try. She calls it her monthly Round Up and it looks like a good strategy to use and might help with the issue of memory fatigue (doesn't that sound better than can't remember crap?). So, here it goes. Sadly, it shows what a boring family we are!
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
- For books, I managed to finish Full House and Full Tilt by Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughs. Not really great works of literature, but fast and fun reads. Sometimes that is all you need/want when it comes to reading. People gets read weekly because I just really like my celebrity gossip.
What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
- You've gotta love that February is sweeps time on TV ! Our TiVo list always had something new to watch. I got my fill of my favorite shows such as Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives (although that show is getting tiresome), CSI (all three versions) along with House and 2 1/2 Men. I didn't take in any movies at the theatre, but watched a couple DVDs (I, Robot and Garfield with the guys in my life) and of course Big Love. I even found a couple afternoons to catch the Ellen Show and I try to get my morning fix of The View (at least the first 15 minutes of Hot Topics. Yeah, I know...just more signs of my addiction to celebrity snark).
What special days did I celebrate and how?
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
- I"ll group these two together because A: Blogger is being difficult this morning and I just want to get on with some other tasks. And B: they sort of go together. We celebrated Chinese New Year and Valentines Day although neither holiday resulted in gift exchanging. We've never really done presents for Valentines Day. Most years, we go out for dinner for Chinese New Year, but this year, the Visa bill from our January spending spree (vacation and a fancy snow blower) came that same week. Spending more money just didn't make sense, ya know?
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- Well, of course there was that issue with the cysts. That was more than enough medical excitement for all of us.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
- We managed to get the gang of Merry Wives together for an evening of crafting. That's always a fun time. Got together with a couple friends for after school play dates and coffee. But not much beyond that. With continued winter weather, we are still pretty much in hibernation mode and don't get out and about as much as we really should.
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
- Thing One tried and liked lasagna. Well, not loved, but he's making continued good progress in his willingness to try new foods. Can't say I tried anything new this month but did pull out the crock pot for a few old favorites meals that I hadn't fixed in awhile. Gotta love smelling dinner simmer all day long. Yum Yum.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- Actually been sluggish on the spending. Between vacation in January and Spring break later this month, it seems prudent to put retail therapy on a hold for now.
What were this month's disappointments?
- There will always be those little disappointments in life. I prefer not to dwell on them in a blog format.
What were my accomplishments this month?
- In crafting, I managed to help the Things make over 50 valentines. I tried my hand at Altered Art (and once it gets hung up I'll share pictures with you). Scrapbooked about 6 pages and managed to get the pictures from last month's vacation printed. In home stuff, not so productive. Just more of that hibernation excuse I suppose.
Anything else noteworthy to record?
- Not really. Just ready to say goodbye to winter. I had hoped to head out and get some errands accomplished. But, it is cold outside and the coffee is warm in here. Whatever is on today's list can easily wait another day or so. Sadly, that's been a theme for more than the month of February.