Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Be Safe out there...

Ice is not to be taken lightly...even in these climates where we are supposed to be used to such conditions. A father of a student at the Things school was killed this morning while taking his older daughter to school.

Who knows how A will cope with the loss of his dad. I smile as I recall running into this family within our neighborhood. A was so proud and excited when he spotted me, telling me "HI P's Mom! This is my Dad, we're shopping". And, then whenever A would see me at school he would say "I saw you at the furniture store when I was shopping with my dad."

And although this encounter happened easily some 4 years ago, A continues to retell this story whenever we would meet at school. Over and Over. Always with the same amount of enthusiasm and pure delight. I would tease him "A, we've got to find you a new story to tell".

I'm afraid he got just such a story today.

Yes, A has autism and who knows how he will process this loss. Just the same, my heart is breaking for a family I barely know as they cope with the reality that you just don't know when you'll be called Home.
Ecclesiastes 3:1,2 and 4 - "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heaven:a time to be born and a time to die......a time to weep and a time to laugh,a time to mourn and a time to dance..."

3 comments:

Diana Sioux said...

Oh, Martha. How sad. I will pray for A and his family.

tz said...

Words are hard to come by in times like these. My heart and prayers go out to that family as they deal with this loss.

tosin said...

How sad.
Prayers for the family....