Saturday, November 04, 2006

A bad week for bloggers?


So, I've been checking all my various blogs and nobody has updated their blogs. Then, I check my own blog, and UH OH, I too am part of that collective Nobody. Seems like the only one who's done much blogging this week has been my hubby. And, that's been show 'n tell with gadgets for his babe, Maria. (in motorcycle speak, that means she's got new farkle). Oh well, farkle for Maria is sort of like giving Martha a pre-approved kitchen pass. So, I don't complain about farkle. Nope, keep on shopping honey, it eases my own hobby guilt!

Where did the week go? Well, I worked 3 days, worked on Operation MCB (which I'll share later, suffice to say the craft room was a humming again this week as I got ready for Carol's 40th bday which is today. Photos to follow probably tomorrow or this evening), I then tried to tackle a few household chores and errands.

We also had Halloween tucked in there and the usual routine of school. Busy Busy Busy, I tell ya. But, it is good to be busy because my mind hasn't gotten stuck on some of the details that it sometimes gets stuck mulling over. Too much time to ponder my thoughts isn't necessarily a good thing for us Martha's.


But you didn't come here for the chatter, you came for some pictures. I'll shut up and go find some pictures For those of you who live in the 'hood, this is the pirate house I was raving about.

For those of you who don't live nearby, these are the resident Griswalds, who went ALL out. On Halloween night, they had a man walking on the top deck, calling out to the kids while his Dock wenches (I believe it was the multigenerational women folk in the family) passed out Hot Chocolate in period appropriate costumes (in other words, they were dressed like lady pirates but not in the glam/trampy stuff you saw all the stores selling costumes for this year). It was way cool and yes, really did make this one of the best Halloweens ever!

And I'm off...I shall try to do a better job of blogging this week. Assuming life doesn't get in the way...

2 comments:

tz said...

oh yay you took pictures, so now i can just link you to my blog...and i'm done! thanks for all the work.
can't wait to see your pics of 'mcb'

Anonymous said...

Please don't tell me that P is indexing his candy stash onto his laptop! Looks like he's a true techie.