Sunday, September 10, 2006

Counting Down

This week's Blog Challenge: Counting Down

10 Things I wanna do before I die
  1. Walk along the Great Wall of China
  2. Sail the Fjords of Norway
  3. Drink a pint in an Irish Pub (a real Irish pub, in Ireland)
  4. Cruise the Alaskan Coastline (preferably on a nice ship with a great view)
  5. Return to Italy and this time despite the touristy nature of it, take that Gondola ride in Venice
  6. Watch the sun set along the beaches of Hawaii
  7. Do the kangaroo Hop in the Land Down Under
  8. Send the Things to College
  9. Dance at my boys weddings
  10. Rock my grandchildren to sleep

9 Places I last spent money

  1. Safeway: went in for just eggs, came out having spent $30, gee, eggs sure are expensive!
  2. Costco: Why? Why? Why? I'm still asking myself what the H*#$$ was I thinking going there on a Saturday????
  3. Lakeshore Learning: the inner teacher in me just can't help herself
  4. Michaels: couldn't let a coupon go to waste
  5. JoAnns: they have coupons too!
  6. Donahue Paper: getting ready for the SS retreat
  7. Fay Motorcycles: see I do errands for hubby when he asks nicely!
  8. Post Office: needed stamps
  9. Burger King: Thing One gets "special lunch" when he's had a good week

8 Sounds I routinely hear around my house

  1. The Buzz of the washer or the dryer (they work together most days, assuming I remember to move on into the other)
  2. The laughter of my boys
  3. The Squabble of the boys
  4. The background noise of the TV
  5. The timer ringing telling the Things they are done with time out, back to their laughter
  6. The rumble of Hubby's "girlfriend", Gretl the motorcycle
  7. The tap tap tapping of me on the computer keyboard
  8. The phone ringing and me trying to figure out how to turn it on to answer it (you'd think I'd have that new phone figured out by now, it is at least 6 months old)

7 Real restaurants where I last ate out (apparently fast food doesn't count? Man, this is gonna be tough one. I had to stretch way back to May to find enough answers since I can't count BK/McD/Sonic/Wendy's)

  1. Chipotles
  2. The Rock
  3. Flemings
  4. TGI Fridays
  5. P.F Changs
  6. Einstein's Bagels
  7. Atlanta Bread Company

6 Things I've recently scratched off my to do list (whew, an easy one since I posted a big list last weekend)

  1. Go to the Bank
  2. Go to the post office
  3. Pay Bills
  4. Finish SS retreat goodie bag items
  5. Sweep kitchen floor
  6. Clean bathrooms

5 People I don't know but I"d really like to hang out with

  1. Rachel Ray
  2. Paula Dean (ah, you see the trend, don't you?)
  3. (and 4 and 5.)Some of my online SS pals: Suite Sioux (because well, I like the way she thinks) and Heidi/aka Agent 713 (since we wouldn't have to argue over what kind of music to listen to) and Diana in KS (because she promised to have the pot of coffee on!And if I'm having a rough day, I'm guessing she'd join me in the mommy juice!)

Four Songs that Make me Happy (man, I'm even more musically impaired then I am grammatically challenged. But at least I know what songs make me happy)

  1. Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville
  2. Kenny Loggins Return to Pooh Corner (ok, this one makes me happy and sad all at the same time)
  3. Lynden David Hall All you need is love
  4. Rodney Atkins If you're going through hell (ok, so they play this one on the radio so much I can't get it out of my brain, but I still like the kicky little beat it has)

3 Things I hate to do

  1. Go to the doctor for those girlie check ups
  2. Mop the kitchen floor
  3. Confront others even when I know I got to..

2 Things I am really good at

  1. Making people feel welcome
  2. Loving my family

1 Bad habit

  1. Gossiping

3 comments:

Sue said...

Awww...now I'm all verklempt! LOL...I'd love to meet you some day, too. I read here nearly every day, but don't always comment. But I like the way you think/write as well.

:)

tz said...

hey those are my 10 things to do before i die!
and gossiping is NOT a bad habit, you're just a fountain of information, which is GOOD! and I for one can attest that you are very good at making people feel welcome!

Anonymous said...

Gossip is most def not a bad habit. It's a "guilty pleasure." The two are very different!!!

Love these lists. I'm not a blogger and I might fill them out just for myself.

Dodi