Friday, April 14, 2006

It has indeed been a GOOD FRIDAY...

I am certain that my conservative Lutheran relatives would be shaking their head in disappointment had they been hanging around today. Thinking, surely now that she is back to attending church routinely, she'll observe Good Friday in the way she was raised up. Sorry folks...

Although we violated numerous Good Friday traditions, I have to say, today has indeed been a very good Friday. I gathered up my usual posse of pals, and had the kids over for an Easter Egg Hunt after school. While the kids opened their little plastic eggs, us mommies started up on the Margaritas. We feasted on tacos and when the designated drivers arrived (also known as spouses), we decided we weren't ready to call it a night...so out came the poker chips and more adult beverages. The kids played so nice together, while the dads tried to fund their children's college tuition savings plans ( note to Things: I hope your dream is to attend the trade school up the streeet, because Daddy isn't so good at Texas Hold Em!).

And yet, when I reflect back on today, I don't feel any sort of the Lutheran/Catholic guilt that I should considering all the faux pas committed. I instead see a life blessed by God: He's given me a loving family and a circle of friends that fills me with more joy and happiness than I think I deserve!

No comments: